Sunday, August 5, 2007

Returning in Full Force

I usually shop online for deals on computer components and the like but this was too good to pass up. A mere $129.00 + tax got me a cheap 19" Westinghouse Widescreen monitor. I've been wanting something cheap and widescreen to replace the gargantuan Goliath of a 19" CRT I'd been using for years now. I do need new speakers however, the old CRT I mentioned actually had some really kick @$$ speakers attached to it and obviously regular monitor speakers are just garbage. However upon viewing my Haruhi DVD and not seeing those black bars crunching the video down, it's become apparent why you would want a widescreen type of monitor in the future. The only issue is how my games will react to this screen as most are formatted for the old 4:3 standard.

No comments: