Friday, August 17, 2007

More Fun with Oblivion

Using a new mod I found called Actor's-in-Charge (I think it's what it's called) I've been fooling around in Oblivion with a lot of different things. The mod basically gives your character the ability to use many different poses and also gives you a spell to cause others to do those poses as well. I've also input a free roaming camera to allow for better angles then the default ones. Finally using the magic of fraps I'm able to take screenshots of the game with anti-aliasing enabled, which finally shows what the game is capable of on this cheap eVGA 7600GS (it's not the best in terms of frame rate but that'll do donkey...that'll do).
I also decided to change my character's face. One of my friends doesn't look too kindly at the Alba, so I decided instead of decimating a real person's mug I'd try my hand at creating a custom one using Ren's Cosmetic Beauty pack which gave me this elf look. After downloading more mods including Remy's Fantasy Figures, I've been able to create a very attractive elf character. It's after all the goal of every fantasy dork out there to have a hot elf, Oblivion PC makes that ever more possible with modding. Also I noticed from some of the Japanese Oblivion sites that they tend to make mod pages where they take screencaps and write a mini-storyline for their characters. I'm not that obsessed but I thought that it'd be hilarious to try taking screens in a sequence without telling any story. See what you come up with?
My question though is why would an elf chick be thrown in jail? We all know the first 2 minutes of the game is a jailbreak which leads to this point in the game, but why would anyone throw someone like this in jail? With how absolutely FUGLY the ingame NPCs all are, this game needs more beautiful people which is for the first time a really good justification for having made such an attractive character. Maybe with all the fugliness around, it's like that episode of the Twilight Zone where the beautiful woman was horribly disfigured and the "regular" people were pig faces?
I screwed this one up a little, her arm is going right through the floor there. Oh and an explanation about the "armor" she wears, it came with one of the mods that added clothes for Remy's UFF. I decided to add to the sheer dork factor here I'd make her wear something that would recall that lol sound clip of the D&D with the Mountain Dew.
And we're done. So what kind of story did you create here? What do you think is happening? Oh and you can see it slightly but I have the improved Natural Environments mod added so the trees are bigger, though the skies in this shot are entirely clear of the weather effects. I also didn't catch any of the added insects or birds in the screen but futures posts with more fun are abound.
*Update : I just noticed it, but I did catch 1 fly buzzing around near her ear there.

No comments: