Monday, August 6, 2007

Need Some New Gears for this War

http://www.dailytech.com/Retailers+Estimate+Xbox+360+Failure+Rate+High+as+33+Percent/article7892.htm

In this era of name calling (my favorites are the X-plode 360, the nogamestation 3 and the Nintendo hospitalvisit) and stubborn "video game system wars", we have another shot of ammo for all those people that seem to enjoy berating other hardware they don't particularly own. In this case is the failure rate of the X-Box 360. Now I know, before I believed that it wasn't a huge problem and maybe similar to the older Playstation 2 issues that some people have had before. However as dailytech.com discovered through some retail sources the problem might be bigger than one once believed.

I hope Microsoft decides to do something about the internal architecture of their gaming system, I wouldn't say this is outrageous but it's a problem and one that currently stops even me from buying one of these. I'm not entirely sure this is a cooling problem or a faulty chipset issue but it's clear that something in the architecture of the 360 is causing this, maybe a pipe system cooling solution will fix it if it is heat? So of the people I know who do own an X-Box 360 how many have had them replaced? All. :( Microsoft's customer service department however is pretty good and they have an awesome warranty at least.

No comments: